Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The LNWC Forum

You are not connected. Please login or register

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Destiny: Weekly Nightfall Strike Empty Destiny: Weekly Nightfall Strike Wed 24 Sep 2014, 4:51 pm

walldoggy

walldoggy

NEW ORDER OF THE NIGHTFALL STRIKES (Post TDB DLC):

1 - Will of Crota - Omnigul (DLC)
2 - Summoning Pits - Phogoth
3 - The Nexus - Sekrion, Nexus Mind
4 - Will of Crota - Omnigul (DLC)
5 - Cerberus Vae III - Valus Ta'aurc
6 - Winter's Run - Archon Priest ?
6 - Devils Lair - Sepiks Prime
7 - Winter's Run - Archon Priest ?

Original ORDER OF THE NIGHTFALL STRIKES:
1 - Devils Lair - Sepiks Prime
2 - Summoning Pits - Phogoth
3 - The Nexus - Sekrion, Nexus Mind
4 - Cerberus Vae III - Valus Ta'aurc
5 - Winter's Run - Archon Priest

9/23-9/29: The Nexus

Walkthrough

So this weeks Nightfall/Heroic Strikes are The Nexus, and it's by far the easiest of the Strikes, and you definitely want to do the Nightfall first thing because of the XP gains you get from completing it. I did the Nightfall first and got the 500 Vanguard Rep from it, then done the Heroic Strike and got 499 Vanguard Rep from it, which meant that within an hour I had 999 Vanguard Rep, 25 Vanguard Marks, 9 Strange Coins and a random reward from the Nightfall within an hour.

It's important to note that this week's Strikes have Solar Burn, so if you have Solar weapons, bring them!

I switched to my Sunsinger subclass for the safety net of the Radiance ability to self-resurrect, if you can do the same then I suggest you do so to make it easier on yourself, if you're a different class, then you're just going to have to take it slow and steady and play it smart. Note that you don't have to have your weapons at a high number of damage to be able to do this, as long as they are Solar then you should be good, even against the Captains and their Arc Shields.

NOTE: You should always be topped up on Ammo packs as a rule of thumb, if you are not, then it's time to spend that Glimmer at the Gunsmith and buy some, they are worth their weight in gold!

To start out, run past the enemies by spawn until you get into the Respawn Restricted area, once here you're gunna want to wait in this corridor until the Fallen start pouring out, it is important to note that you can stay in this corridor for cover if you start getting low on health, the enemies didn't once rush in and try to finish me. Take your time in dispatching them, there is no rush. The Servitors will start to spawn along with more Fallen, if you have a Solar Heavy Weapon (ideally a Rocket Launcher) then now is the time to use it to quickly get rid of them and focus on the smaller enemies.

Once that first section is done, head up the stairs into the room full of Vandals, be wary of the 3 Vandals that do come down the stairs with swords. I had a spare Rocket for the Vandals in the room which quickly finished them, but if you do not then just camp the door way and pick them off one by one.

With the Vandals gone head to the next area, where you'll come up against Fallen and some Vex Goblins, this firefight is pretty straight forward, just hang back in a safe area and pick them off, no need to take any unnecessary risks. Once cleared head down and fight off the 3 Harpys. Be careful of the Goblins that spawn in this room, a good number of them will spawn so make sure to deal with them before you head out into the open area with all the Vex.

Once in the open area with the Vex, immediately kill the Goblin's ahead of you, then focus your attention on the 2 Hobgoblins at the other side of the room, try to kill them as quickly as you can before the Minotaurs get close to you. Once the Hobgoblin's are done, fight off the Minotaurs and head down to more Goblins around the corner. For this area I used a Heavy ammo pack and used Rockets to kill the enemies here, as I didn't want to get sniped or swarmed by enemies.

Head through the darkened tunnels until you hit the famous Nexus farming spot. I saved my ammo by using 2 Solar Grenades here and picked off whatever Goblin's were left. Don't charge in at this spot as it's surprising how fast all the Goblins can take you down. Once clear, head to the Nexus boss, but whatever you do, DO NOT JUMP DOWN!!

IMPORTANT: While you are up here, you'll have to keep an eye on your motion sensor as one Minotaur will spawn behind you every 30 seconds or so, this is a poor anti-camping method that can easily be dealt with if you keep an eye on your motion sensor. Also note that you can run back to the area where the Goblins spawned to wait down your Ammo pack cooldown in safety, as the Minotaur will not spawn if you are here.

On top of this cliff is where you are going to stay until you've killed the boss. To summon him, you need to kill all the Minotaurs in the area. Use whatever method you see fit to dispatch them, but be wary as they can start shooting at you if they are directly below you. Once all the Minotaurs are killed, the Nexus will spawn and the Rocket spam begins. Solar Rockets made this fight finish within 5 minutes, but you can use other Solar weapons on the Nexus but at a higher risk. Keep shooting/bombing the Nexus while remembering to deal with the Minotaur that spawns behind you until the Nexus is dead, it's as simple as that!

Congratulations Guardian, you've done the Nightfall/Heroic Strikes by yourself!

Additionally:
Many guides for this week's nightfall are telling you the best way to beat the boss of the nexus is to camp the cliff above him, but even that spot is dangerous considering the near constant minotaur spawn, and without the proper load out, you're gonna be seeing Venus' surface pretty often.

I'm not sure how many people know about this, but there is a giant stone wall right under the cliff that you could jump down to. You walk to the left side and you can literally walk right behind it. 2 people can stand stand at each end of the wall and kill off the adds and damage the boss easily, and dying isn't a problem at all. The third man could stand in the middle of the wall and take no damage, while he resurrects his squad mates whenever they need him. It's completely fool proof, and 100% safe.

EDIT: Both strats work perfectly fine. I only wanted to post this because staying on the cliff is just too risky for people at 27 or even 26 that run it. I agree the cliff is a little faster considering the shield is not an issue but to be completely safe the wall works wonders. Personally I was having trouble with my squad up on the cliff cause we didn't have many rockets or sniper rifles to deal significant damage from a distance. With the wall we circumvented that issue and were able to kill it just as fast with no issues or worries. This spot is more suited for squads who have more solar machine guns or fusion rifles, much easier to hit.

Last edited by walldoggy on Tue 13 Jan 2015, 8:45 am; edited 8 times in total

https://lnwc.forumotion.com

2Destiny: Weekly Nightfall Strike Empty Re: Destiny: Weekly Nightfall Strike Tue 30 Sep 2014, 10:29 am

walldoggy

walldoggy

9/30-10/6: Colossus Strike

This week's Nightfall strike is the Colossus Strike on Mars - Valus Ta'Aurc

Walkthrough

So it's that beautiful time of week where the weekly reset has happened and we get to shit our pants at the thought of another Nightfall Strike... yay!

We have the pleasure of killing Valar Ta'aurc on Mars this week, and this week's Damage modifier skull is Arc Burn, so get those Arc type weapons at the ready as they'll make this Strike a whole lot easier for you. NOTE: THE ARC BURN SKULL IS ONLY ACTIVE FOR THE NIGHTFALL THIS WEEK!

Tips for throughout the Strikes:

The modifiers are: Epic, Juggler, Angry, Nightfall, and Arc Burn.

To my knowledge, there is only one enemy on Mars that does Arc damage. The Psions, with their ranged psychic attack, deal arc damage, while their guns are solar and their melee I believe to be void damage.

This means that the only enemy to be exceptionally threatening is a Psion outside of melee range.  The Cabal Psion's have an attack that is Arc damage, which will screw you over. If you see these little bastards start to glow blue and levitate, get ready to double jump over the attack or get out of it's way!

I was fortunate enough to have a Sniper with Arc damage on it, but even if your Sniper doesn't have that type of damage, stick with the Sniper as you'll be hanging back a lot of the time and it's safer than running in close with a Fusion Rifle/Shotgun, but it's down to personal preference.

I wrote this specifically for the Nightfall, as that is the harder of the two. When doing the Heroic Strike just use the same tactics but keep in mind the Arc Burn skull is off, so you'll have to use Solar damage for the Centurion shields, but at least those Psions don't have shield and can't one hit you now!

LET THE STRIKE BEGIN!

This Strike begins with you having to send Dinklebot to a terminal, get that done with then head over to the next part where you have to enter the cave full of Cabal. You don't have to worry about dying in this part, as it isn't part of the Darkness Area, so even though the enemies are level 28, you can die as much as you want. With that said though, you don't want to die over and over do you? So you have 2 options here;

1) Keep back and take the enemies out one by one, slowly advancing through this area

2) Hug the left wall and RUN LIKE FORREST GUMP like I did! This may take a couple tries, but it saves your ammo and is much quicker than fighting the all the enemies!

Once you've passed this area you should then have entered the Darkness Area, here is where you have to stop dying. Once the door is open you'll be greeted by a couple Psions and a Colossus near the end of the tunnel. Take out the Colossus first as he is the biggest threat right now, the Psions will back off into the next area so they can be left alone for now. Once the big guy is dead, head on over to an Interceptor and get in, here you'll want to get to where the Colossus was and start doling out justice with your Interceptor. Hang back for this bit and enjoy the free ammo. Take out as many enemies as you can with it and if your ride ever looks like it's about to explode, head back for a fresh one. I personally used the Interceptor to take out all surrounding enemies and the first Lieutenant, then headed back to the tunnel before the drop ship arrived with the second and third Lieutenants and simply repeated the process I used for the first one. Soon as you've kill all three. Get out of your Interceptor, pick up as much ammo as you can carry and head for the raised area on your left where the enemies were spawning.

Here is where you'll be taking out the fourth and most vicious Lieutenant, we'll call him "Prick". He is slow, predictable and has giant crit spots so use this to your advantage. There will be a tree in front of you, you want to keep that tree covering his cannon at all times, as one blast of that attack hits you and your back to the start. He should be strafing around trying to get a good shot on you but you must promise me you'll keep that god damned tree between you and him, because for that moment, that tree is God. Keep taking potshots at his four thrusters, taking them out one by one. When his last thruster is destroyed, he'll start off a fireworks display. I had my Arc Final Boss Sniper take this guy out in 12-14 shots for reference.

Get on your Sparrow and zip on over to the next bit. The enemies outside the building you have to go in next will all be around level 15 so you can easily kill them for ammo. Once done head inside to the corridor and take the Upper platform for the next firefight. We're using this platform simply for the height advantage, you'll have an easier time getting those headshots. There is nothing special here that you haven't faced during this Strike so just take your time and hang back, hit them when they pop out of cover and never ever follow them to finish them off as there are a couple Psions here and you don't want to get caught between their Arc attacks.

After you've killed all the enemies in this room, you'll be at the end of the Strike with just Valar and a couple of his minions to kill. You'll want to take out the two Legionnaires and quickly head up the platform that was straight ahead of you as soon as you entered the room. Here is where most of the fight will take place:

Or, there is a stair case on each side of Valus if you're looking at him it will always be to his left. Just sit and happy shooting. He can hit you but all you have to do is back up and he will reset it's quite simple.

I'd also like to point out that Valar can't hit you when you are here but his minions can, so if you see them deal with them quickly. When Valar comes out, wait till the door is shut completely behind him as he has Immunity until it shuts, and you don't want to be wasting Rockets here. It's a simple process of jumping up, take a couple shots in the air and recovering your health until he starts to move. Once his health hits a certain point, he'll take a stroll to the other side of the room. Once he does this you'll have to take out the enemies surrounding you and get on top of the platform and start sniping him. Again, once his health hits a certain point, he'll move back towards you. Get back into the spot in the video and wait for him to stand directly in front of you like in said video. It's only until his health is that low that he stands there ready to die. Once he's in position just unload everything you got on him, because once he's there the fight is as good as yours. His melee attack can't get you and his minions can't stand there because he is in the way!

Once he is dead, be sure to do the mandatory tea-bagging and then dance to celebrate your flaming head!

Congratulations! You've beat this weeks Nightfall Strike!

-----------------------------------------------------------
Tip: This week, guardians, we are getting our asses to Mars and taking on Valus and friends. The weapon buff is arc so sniper rifles and rocket launchers with this buff are amazing.

The lieutenants and tank boss are relatively easy, just take it slow, hang back, and use the interceptors.

For Valus himself it can be tempting to do a ton of damage quickly via rockets and snipers, DO NOT DO THIS. You'll force too many adds to spawn and they will overrun you if you're not careful. Just damage him in chunks and deal with the adds before going back to the boss.

In terms of positioning, my group stayed on the right side cat walk and completed the encounter relatively easily.  It's good if you're all on the same side, but not too close together. He focuses on one person at a time, but his head won't be visible to everyone if you go on different sides.

-----------------------------------------------------------

Last edited by walldoggy on Tue 06 Jan 2015, 9:29 am; edited 1 time in total

3Destiny: Weekly Nightfall Strike Empty Re: Destiny: Weekly Nightfall Strike Tue 30 Sep 2014, 12:54 pm

walldoggy

walldoggy

Another TL;DR version of a walkthrough:

I have the icebreaker so it's made easier for me in the weapon category but to substitute the icebreaker have an arc sniper with a good amount of special ammo synthesis. I'm a level 28 voidwalker.

If you aren't in a darkness zone just run past all the enemies, there's no point in fighting them.

Three Generals:
The first darkness zone you'll come to is the area where you need to kill three generals, they'll either be on the left side or in the bunker in the middle. Use your sniper to take out any enemies that are close enough to the interceptors to be a problem. After that use your sniper or the interceptor to take out enemies further away, including the one general.

Once the first one is dead you'll need to move up to get the ship to drop off the other two generals after that just repeat what you did for the first and clear out any remaining enemies. The psion are honestly the biggest threat, they send out a wave of energy on the floor and if it hits you you'll either die or be next to dead and we don't want that.

Tank:
For the tank just stay back where the generals were (after all the enemies are dead of course) and use the sniper to shoot the hovering wheel-type things on the side, make sure you dodge the incoming tank shots from it. Once the tank is dead run through to the next darkness zone.

Pre-Boss Area:
In this next area just snipe all the enemies from the top platform, you should be able to get most of them if not a psion or two. Again watch out for the psion they are the biggest threat.

Boss Area:
The next room is the boss fight, there are two legionaries to the left when you enter, kill them and go to the right of the door where the boss comes out of. go in between the ramp and the wall where the boxes are and hide there. Be mindful of the enemies that spawn, they can shoot you but not very much, take them out when you can. There are holes you can shoot through between the boxes and you should always have a clear shot at the boss until he's on the other side of the room. at which point clear the enemies get out of the spot and snipe him until he comes back to your side of the room. He'll start waking around but you usually should have a way to shoot him without getting out of the spot.

4Destiny: Weekly Nightfall Strike Empty Re: Destiny: Weekly Nightfall Strike Tue 07 Oct 2014, 8:38 am

walldoggy

walldoggy

10/7-10/13 -  Weekly Heroic/Nightfall

Weekly Nightfall:
Winters Run - Defeat the Archon Priest
Modifiers: Nightfall, Void, Solar and Arc burn. All Damage Types do 3x the damage.

Weekly Heroic:
Winters Run - The Darkness gathers as the Fallen prepare the return of one of their Archon Priests.
Modifiers: Heroic, Void burn.
Note: Switch this to the Level 28 variant to receive 9 strange coins as a reward.

Reddit Thread

Triple burn this week, so bring your best guns and don't worry about which elemental damage you use just focus on high damage/magazine size. If you have an elemental primary, bring it!

Once you're inside the caves sit back a moment and let the Vex and Fallen have it out. Because of the triple burn they'll kill half of the enemies for you. A few hobgoblins, goblins and one Hydra is all that remains. Remove the closest goblins, snipe the Hydra and Hobgoblins one at a time.

Once out of the caves you arrive at the open area with the 'Kvetch' space ship and another Vex/Fallen battle. Again let them wipe each other out and pick off the remaining enemies from up high. Once the area is clear, run down and start the event, then run back up until you cross a bridge and can hide behind some crates. Enemies won't cross the bridge and the crates provide cover from the three Hobgoblin snipers that appear in the second wave and Harpies that come in the final wave. Simple peek around the crates and over the top of the ridge to pick off enemies one by one.

Once the door is open, I would skip the Pike and go on foot until you reach the enemies that are blocking the road. You can if you want try to speed past on your own bike (don't try it on the Pike it's very weak) but honestly in the interests of safety I would just snipe away the Hobgoblins and Minotaurs and finish off the Goblins with relative ease.

The second road block consisting of two Hydras and a number of Hobgoblins and Goblins is pretty easy too. Just dismount at a safe distance, snipe the first Hydra (2-3 shots should do it), snipe the Hobgoblins to the right, pick off the rest of the Goblins and finally snipe the last Hydra.

Moving to the final area, before you drop down into it after killing the last Hydra from the previous area just stand at the top of the drop for a few moments. Again the Vex and Fallen are fighting it out and will eradicate each other for the most part. Once things quiet down move in and mop up. Stay as far back as you can and once the remnants of the battle are dead watch out for the second wave and the drop ship, fall right back to the wall you just dropped down from if needs be. Take out the Vandal snipers and Captains first, mop up the rest.

Once the area is clear, activate the boss and jump up to the ridge supporting the large platform to the right of the pod (right as you are facing the pod). Get under the platform and as the boss spawns grenade him and unleash some heavy weapons at him. Heavy machine guns with high stability and magazine sizes are beast as you can shoot him in the head and stagger him, meaning he won't move or return fire. I managed to remove 50% of his HP before having to move.

Once the boss starts moving and trash starts spawning move to the back of the area under the platform, near to where the ground slopes away. You can still be sniped and shot by enemies as they are very accurate, so remove any Shanks and Vandals if they're getting to you, and then just shoot the boss in the knees as he wanders about until he is dead.

Congratulations on completing this weeks Nightfall. Watch out for the enemies that don't get removed when the final boss dies Wink

EDIT: A friend just solo'd it and tells me that if the boss goes onto the platform above you and you have a sniper with armor piercing rounds that go through walls... well, you do the math Wink

5Destiny: Weekly Nightfall Strike Empty Re: Destiny: Weekly Nightfall Strike Tue 14 Oct 2014, 8:56 am

walldoggy

walldoggy

10/14-10/20 Weekly Heroic/Nightfall

The Devils Lair
Modifiers:
Epic - enemies are heavily shielded and highly aggressive in great numbers
Lightswitch - you get one shotted by melee attacks
Juggler - no ammo drops for equipped weapon, use those Ice Breakers!
Void Burn - void weapons do extra damage
Nightfall - If all players die you return to orbit and start over

TL;DR Version:
Hacking Wave: Go to the left, where the tanker is, and take pot shots from there, retreat if your health is low, enemies cannot follow you in there with maybe the exception of Thralls, let the fallen and hive fight each other

Devil Walker: Go the far back left and shoot at his legs with a void sniper for massive damage, adds can't touch you and only the devil walkers cannon can really hit you

Sepiks Prime: The room to the left of the entrance, hide in there and shoot away, be careful if you go downstairs to try to get another angle on sepiks as there are likely fallen majors down there waiting for you

Solo Nightfall walkthrough

Void burn this week, Atheon's Epilogue owner's rejoice. Equip any void weapons you have, my personal loadout this week was Atheon's Epilogue, The Supremacy sniper rifle (holds 6 rounds, 25 rounds total!) and The Swarm machine gun which I didn't end up using but take a machine gun if you don't have a primary that deals void damage.

After speeding through the Rocket Yard and into the main building you'll come across the first firefight between Hive and Fallen, just pick them off from the back being careful not to let the Thrall or anything else get close enough to melee as being melee'd this week is pretty much you dead thanks to the Lightswitch modifier.

Once you have cleared this room procede to the room where we will be dealing with waves of enemies while Dinklebot sets off alarms and deactivates fences. There are two snipers to the left on the platform above the machine that activates the waves fight, take those first, then the wizard, then whatever else you want. Remain at a safe distance and make good use of cover and you are fine.

As you are clearing the room notice the area to the right that has green glowing crystals and a hole that leads some distance underground. This is where you will sit for the waves fight, no mobs will enter this area so you are safe from melee and anything sneaking up behind you.

Activate the machine with Dinklebot and immediately run to this green crystal area. Hide just at the entrance to the hole, using the floor as cover to duck behind. Through all the waves that follow keep an eye on your feet and an ear out for Dreg arc grenades, they won't one shot you if you're 28 but they deal massive damage. Don't spend too long looking down your scope. Scope - shoot - unscope and check where threats are/look for grenades.

Wave One: You will need to snipe off the two snipers on the platform first, then remove the captains and work through anything else left with primary or heavy ammo. You could keep one or two dregs alive they deal arc damage and so aren't a threat and it allows an ammo run if you're low.

Wave Two: Two invisible snipers, one on the platform at it's furthest point away and he needs to die first, one to the left around the corner where two more captains are playing hide and go fuck yourself. You can deal with the captains before the second sniper. Again pick off what is left until waves of Shanks appear and hide up to the right where Dinklebot is taking a suspiciously long time to open the laser fence. You can leave a few shanks alive and do another ammo run, but keep an eye on the radar in case you missed anything - Dregs like to hide at the back of the room and will one shot you with a melee attack.

Wave Three: Two more snipers AND two more invisible snipers, all in the same places as before. Remove the invisible sniper on the platform, and then the two visible ones with your sniper. Also snipe off the Wizards and Captains before clearing what is left with your regular gun. Waves of invisible fallen Vandals appear at some point so an ammo run is out of the question, use your ammo packs and keep plugging at the high HP targets with your sniper and heavy machine gun while mowing down Dregs and Vandals with your primary.

The Baron will appear not long after you take out all the invisible Vandals, snipe his head off in 3-4 shots with a fully upgraded void sniper, or mow him down with a heavy void machine gun but keep your distance he still hurts even though he doesn't deal void damage. Once he is dead carefully mop up anything left - mobs don't despawn when he is dead.

Eventually everything is dead and we can move on. Carefully pick off the trash pack on the way to the Spider Tank boss, there is one captain that should be sniped but the rest can be shot with your primary and nothing deals void damage.

At the Spider Tank boss, immediately head left for the building at the back left corner with three solar panes on the roof. Hide at the back left most part behind the air con unit or whatever it is on the roof, and snipe. Nothing should get you here as you are out of range of the Spider Tank and enemy Vandal snipers.

Clear up the remaining mobs for ammo and procede to the final boss - Sepiks Prime.

Once in the boss room swiftly dispatch all of the fallen worshipping Sepiks and get into the 'house' on the left with the stairs that lead under the platform. You're basically going to live here. You can snipe away at the boss in relative safety here, and pick off any trash that spawns with your heavy/primary void weapons. One pack will appear downstairs at some point but shouldn't come upstairs, just be aware they are there in case you dash down there for cover. Easily removed as they have red HP bars.

Sepiks has pretty low health solo and I was sniping him for about 7,500 per shot, took about 20-25 shots to kill him. If he teleports away out of line of sight from the house, go downstairs and shoot him a couple times from down there as there are less enemies and better cover/escape routes. He will teleport away after a few shots and likely be back in line of sight upstairs.

6Destiny: Weekly Nightfall Strike Empty Re: Destiny: Weekly Nightfall Strike Tue 21 Oct 2014, 9:53 am

walldoggy

walldoggy

10/21-10/27 Weekly Heroic/Nightfall

The Summoning Pits

Modifiers:
Lightswitch - you get one shotted by melee attacks
Angry - Minions of the Darkness won’t flinch, even after massive damage
Arc Burn - Arc weapons do extra damage

Reddit Thread

This weeks Nightfall is particularly tricky, so pay attention. Arc burn is on so bring a good arc sniper and heavy. If you have Fatebringer from the raid, great, it not Vision of Confluence is a great alternative otherwise just bring your favourite primary. But you MUST bring an arc sniper. You will also need a few special ammo synthesis, mostly for the last boss.

Setting off into the strike you can ignore the trash outside upto the three knights (just jump over them) and head down the long stair case to the first pack of serious trash. Nightfall modifier isn't active here yet so if you die don't worry, but try to get into the practice if playing very, very safely. Take out the entire room from the doorway, use your arc sniper for the wizards and knights and primary weapon for the rest.

Beware Thralls! They benefit from both Arc Burn (triple arc damage) and Lightswitch (triple melee damage) modifiers and WILL ONE SHOT YOU. I would take them out first and then work on the rest.

Once the first room is clear, go down the steps to the next room with the locked door and three waves of enemies. Set Dinklebot away on the door and then step back outside of the doorway quickly.

Wave 1 - A lot of Thralls and Cursed Thralls will come at you, use a grenade and primary weapon to clear them. Do NOT let them get close, Thrall melee as I said above is instant death and the Cursed will kill you with their detonation (it's arc damage, of course). There are also 3-4 knights shooting large arc boomer shots at you. These should be sniped, carefully. If they start shooting at you strafe left into cover, they won't one shot you but they do hurt and three shots will be enough to kill you if they hit you head on. After the knights there are just various low ranking hive to deal with, mop up and bring on wave two.

Wave 2 - More Cursed Thralls, but they won't come out of the room to where you are stood in the corridor. Also more knights but the melee type so just step into the room to make them run towards you then step back and snipe away. Two wizards will also spawn, one with a yellow HP bar, to the left of the room (large circular area), snipe at them but be quick they like to swoop away into cover. Be very careful with the wizards as they are firing arc blasts, smaller ones but they can still kill quickly. Once the wizards and knights are dealt with carefully pick off the remaining hive. Some yellow HP acolytes but they deal void damage and so aren't a huge threat.

Wave 3 - This is what most will struggle with. There are four wizards spawn here, one is the named NPC who acts as the rooms boss. Stay at the doorway and pick off what you can. You may have to extremely slowly and cautiously have to step into the room and back out to lure enemies to you.

NOW THIS IS IMPORTANT: When the four wizards are lured, SPRINT ALL THE WAY BACK UP THE CORRIDOR to the top and turn around and using either the lip of the tunnel or the rocks at the top as cover snipe back down the tunnel and take out the wizards. They will eventually go back into the main room, if they do, walk part way down the tunnel (half way) and shoot with your primary into the room, this should lure them out (and again SPRINT to the top into cover, turn and snipe) but you may have to go further down, it depends how far into the room they retreated. You must kill Mormu (labelled as Mormu, Xol Spawn) and his three wizard chums before it is safe to return to the doorway, where you can mop up anything left using the same tactics as you were previously.

Once all three waves are defeated head down through the unlocked door. You will come to a room with an Ogre and a Hallowed Knight, these can be sniped from the entrance to that room relatively quickly. A few Thralls and Cursed Thralls are to the left and/or right, be careful not to let them get close, and mop up the few hive remaining once they are dealt with.

Heading down the tunnels again brings you to the large open area where you turn left. Move slowly, wait for the enemy to spawn in particular another wizard or knight (it's always one or the other) who should be sniped first, then mop up the remaining hive Acolytes with your primary. Also watch out for where the steps lead up to the platform where a number of Acolytes are sat, a door to the left at the top will unleash a handful of Thralls at fairly close range.

Once this pack is all dead, drop ships to the right deposit a wizard each and some more acolytes. Take out the lot for safeties sake. Snipe the wizards, primary the acolytes. Once these are dead you can snipe the two Hallowed Knights that are the final trash pack between yourself and the boss.

Now for the boss. Phogoth is actually fairly simple if you follow this tactic:

After the two Hallowed Knights there are three small rooms leading to Phogoth's big boss room. The first we'll call the 'back' room, the middle we'll call the 'safe' room and the one closest to the boss room we'll call the 'antechamber'.

Move forward enough to cause the door to be open, and immediately unleash as much arc sniper/heavy ammo into the boss as you can manage before you start taking fire. Once you take fire retreat back not to the safe room (ie the middle of the three small rooms). Reload your sniper and look through a narrow gap that should allow you to see the boss. I made a short video to illustrate:

Shooting down this gap with your sniper you should be able to kill him fairly safely. Just a few points:

• If he moves to the right, run forward, chuck a grenade to his right to force him to the left or shoot him a few times to lure him to the left and then run back and keep sniping (as seen in the video above).
• Do not take longer than 10seconds to do so, as 10seconds in this first antechamber spawns a shrieker above you. If that happens just hide in the safe room (middle antechamber) until it despawns.
• If any trash appears and blocks the bosses doorway, kill it with primary/heavy or hide out of sight in the safe room and wait for it to despawn.
• You will likely need at least 1-3 (depends on clip size and damage) special ammo synthesis, since you can't hit the bosses crit spot from here.
• DO NOT EVER retreat to the 'back room' (the chamber closest to where the Hallowed Knights were) as this will cause the boss to reset and you will be kicked to orbit. So never go further back than the middle 'safe' room.

Eventually he will die, and the mobs in his room despawn. Congratulations you've beaten one of the harder Nightfalls.

7Destiny: Weekly Nightfall Strike Empty Re: Destiny: Weekly Nightfall Strike Tue 28 Oct 2014, 9:41 am

walldoggy

walldoggy

10/28-11/3 Weekly Heroic/Nightfall

The Nexus

Modifiers:
Juggler - No ammo drops for equipped weapon, use those Ice Breakers!
Void Burn - Void weapons do extra damage

The same as the previous (first) Nexus strategy.  However, perhaps better from down below to kill the final boss:

Reddit Thread

You will need to jump down and then immediately up to a ledge for safety else dodging six Minotaurs and Praetorians can be a bit hairy. Here is a short how to video:

Jump up here

Once you have dispatched the Minotaurs and Praetorians and the boss is spawning, I then recommend any of these three safe spots, again videos to illustrate:

Safe spot one - Safer from trash, but slightly higher chance of splash damage.

Safe spot two - Least safe spot from trash but very low chance of splash damage.

Safe spot three - Probably the best spot, no need to deal with trash, least chance of splash damage. Slightly harder to get into.

Third spot is likely safest, just slightly trickier to get to as you have leave one Minotaur/Praetorian alive to prevent boss spawning too quickly and cross the room, jump up to an exposed pillar then across to the safe spot. I've only tried this with a hunter so far but I think all classes should be able to make it. Will be testing shortly and report back. Once in there, safe as houses.

If anyone knows of better spots let me know (with a video, preferably). It is possible to take splash damage in either position so be prepared to crouch, shuffle around a bit and move to the other spot quickly if needs be.

The boss is just a matter of patience. First and foremost MAKE SURE YOU QUICKLY DISPATCH ALL THE TRASH THAT IS SUMMONED (Unless in the third safe spot, then you can ignore it)! They will find an angle to get you otherwise, and the Hobgoblins will grenade you to death. Get rid of them as quickly as you can, then patiently wait for the boss to stop shooting where he thinks you are and pop out to snipe/shoot/rocket him a few times, then back into cover. Clear more trash, wait for him to stop shooting, shoot him, etc etc.

Donezo.

8Destiny: Weekly Nightfall Strike Empty Re: Destiny: Weekly Nightfall Strike Tue 04 Nov 2014, 10:09 am

walldoggy

walldoggy

11/4-11/10 -  Weekly Heroic/Nightfall

Cerberus Vae III
Destroy Valus Ta'aurc and his Guards!

Nightfall Modifiers:
Epic - Enemies are heavily shielded and highly aggressive in great numbers
Lightswitch - Minions of the Darkness deal much more melee damage (one shot melee)
Juggler - No ammo drops for equipped weapon (Use those Ice Breakers!)
Nightfall - You will face a relentless army that has never known defeat. If all players die, you will be returned to orbit.

There is no burn this week.

Weekly Heroic Modifiers:
Heroic
Juggler

See above for general walk through.  

Additional Valus Tips with slightly less cheese.

First Area:
The first area you get to with 28s (the cave) is not a darkness zone. Play aggressive to get through it fast. Ice Breaker the big boys, Titans can use flashbangs on Phalanx if needed. Speed is better than safety here as its not a darkness zone, so you can respawn in ~3 seconds.

Second Area:
When you get to the Lieutenants, just Ice Breaker. All day long. Clear out the small dune to the left hand side as you enter, then clear out the big boys down at the bottom. Then just sit by that rock in front of the dune and Ice Breaker people. Scout rifle or hand cannon with good range is preferred while waiting on ammo regen. When the drop-ship comes, back up to door briefly to take down big boys, then repeat.

Tank:
At the tank, go top left. You can climb the hill here. There's a nice hidey-hole in case the tank shoots at you. Send 2 players here with breakers, and a third on the center platform. (The center, while exposed, has no back wall. Dodge rockets and you're fine, they will go aimlessly past you into the sky.) Three breakers will drop this tank in 1-2 minutes, tops.

Just Sparrow past everything else until darkness before Valus.

Valus
Clean out add's room (if you need help here, how did you make it this far?). At Valus, send 1x left side top, 2x right side. Use the crates on top to hide and drop about 1/4 of his health (should be pretty easy without getting into a cheese, he doesn't fire rockets that often at the beginning, and with people on both sides he'll be easily distracted.)

Right when he starts walking he's going to start a continuous rocket barrage. Adds will also spawn. Now's the time to hit the cheese. The 2x on the right side drop into the crates below the ramp. The 1x on the left side do the same.

Now left side role is to head to the front of the crates and peak through the crack and breaker Valus when he walks to the left side. Right side, have one guy staying down a bit and safe and cleaning up adds, second one can hop on the ramp when possible and just unload on Valus. If you die on the lower section of the ramp, the guy still in the hole can revive you without placing himself in danger.

When Valus walks back across, guy on left focus on adds and ignore Valus. Two on right start jump-shooting Valus from the hole. Once you have his attention, he will wander over to right ramp. Once he does this, you have him. Stay in the hole, Valus will try stomping you, but as you are not on the same level his stomp will do no damage. Unload on his head, you will drop him in less than 20 seconds from about 1/2-1/3 health.

9Destiny: Weekly Nightfall Strike Empty Re: Destiny: Weekly Nightfall Strike Wed 12 Nov 2014, 9:03 am

walldoggy

walldoggy

11/11-11/17 - Weekly Heroic/Nightfall

Winters Run
Defeat the Archon Priest

Nightfall Modifiers:
Nightfall - You will face a relentless army that has never known defeat. If all players die, you will be returned to orbit.
Epic - Enemies are heavily shielded and highly aggressive in great numbers.
Lightswitch - Minions of the Darkness deal much more melee damage (one shot melee)
Arc burn - Arc weapons do extra damage

Weekly Heroic Modifiers:
Heroic
Lightswitch

10Destiny: Weekly Nightfall Strike Empty Re: Destiny: Weekly Nightfall Strike Tue 18 Nov 2014, 9:23 am

walldoggy

walldoggy

11/18-11/24 - Weekly Heroic/Nightfall

Devil's Lair
Sepiks Prime

Nightfall Modifiers:
Arc burn - Arc weapons do extra damage

Weekly Heroic Modifiers:
Heroic
Arc burn

11Destiny: Weekly Nightfall Strike Empty Re: Destiny: Weekly Nightfall Strike Tue 25 Nov 2014, 9:15 am

walldoggy

walldoggy

11/25-12/1 - Weekly Heroic/Nightfall

The Summoning Pits
Phogoth

Nightfall Modifiers:
Void burn - Void weapons do extra damage

Weekly Heroic Modifiers:
Heroic
Angry

12Destiny: Weekly Nightfall Strike Empty Re: Destiny: Weekly Nightfall Strike Tue 02 Dec 2014, 9:14 am

walldoggy

walldoggy

12/2-12/8 - Weekly Heroic/Nightfall

The Nexus
Sekrion, Nexus Mind

Nightfall Modifiers:
Lightswitch - Minions of the Darkness deal much more melee damage (one hit melee)
Solar Burn - Solar weapons do extra damage

Weekly Heroic Modifiers:
Heroic
Solar Burn

13Destiny: Weekly Nightfall Strike Empty Re: Destiny: Weekly Nightfall Strike Tue 16 Dec 2014, 8:39 am

walldoggy

walldoggy

12/9-12/16 - Weekly Heroic/Nightfall

Will of Crota
Omnigul

Nightfall Modifiers:
Lightswitch - Minions of the Darkness deal much more melee damage (one hit melee)

Weekly Heroic Modifiers:
Heroic
Arc Burn

14Destiny: Weekly Nightfall Strike Empty Re: Destiny: Weekly Nightfall Strike Tue 16 Dec 2014, 8:41 am

walldoggy

walldoggy

12/17-12/22 - Weekly Heroic/Nightfall

Summoning Pits
Phogoth

Nightfall Modifiers:

Weekly Heroic Modifiers:
Heroic
Arc Burn

Last edited by walldoggy on Tue 23 Dec 2014, 9:09 am; edited 1 time in total

15Destiny: Weekly Nightfall Strike Empty Re: Destiny: Weekly Nightfall Strike Tue 23 Dec 2014, 9:09 am

walldoggy

walldoggy

12/23-12/29 - Weekly Heroic/Nightfall

The Nexus
Sekrion, Nexus Mind

Nightfall Modifiers:
Void Burn - Void weapons do extra damage

Weekly Heroic Modifiers:
Juggler
Heroic

16Destiny: Weekly Nightfall Strike Empty Re: Destiny: Weekly Nightfall Strike Tue 30 Dec 2014, 9:52 am

walldoggy

walldoggy

12/30-1/5 - Weekly Heroic/Nightfall

Will of Crota
Omnigul

Nightfall Modifiers:
Solar Burn - Void weapons do extra damage

Weekly Heroic Modifiers:
Heroic
Angry

17Destiny: Weekly Nightfall Strike Empty Re: Destiny: Weekly Nightfall Strike Tue 06 Jan 2015, 9:26 am

walldoggy

walldoggy

1/6-1/12 - Weekly Heroic/Nightfall

Cerberus Vae III
Valus Ta'aurc

Nightfall Modifiers:

Weekly Heroic Modifiers:
Heroic
Lightswitch

---!! New Cheese Spot !!---
Up on the round chandeliers. Shoot through the lights to hit Valus.

18Destiny: Weekly Nightfall Strike Empty Re: Destiny: Weekly Nightfall Strike Tue 13 Jan 2015, 8:48 am

walldoggy

walldoggy

1/13-1/19 - Weekly Heroic/Nightfall

Devil's Lair
Sepiks Prime

Nightfall Modifiers:
Arc Burn - Arc weapons do extra damage

Weekly Heroic Modifiers:
Heroic
Lightswitch

19Destiny: Weekly Nightfall Strike Empty Re: Destiny: Weekly Nightfall Strike Tue 20 Jan 2015, 10:08 am

walldoggy

walldoggy

1/20-1/26 - Weekly Heroic/Nightfall

Summoning Pits
Phogoth

Nightfall Modifiers:

Weekly Heroic Modifiers:
Heroic
Arc Burn

20Destiny: Weekly Nightfall Strike Empty Re: Destiny: Weekly Nightfall Strike Tue 27 Jan 2015, 8:46 am

walldoggy

walldoggy

1/27-2/2 - Weekly Heroic/Nightfall

Will of Crota
Omnigul

Nightfall Modifiers:
Void - Void weapons do extra damage
Solar Burn - Solar weapons do extra damage

Weekly Heroic Modifiers:
Heroic
Solar Burn

21Destiny: Weekly Nightfall Strike Empty Re: Destiny: Weekly Nightfall Strike Tue 03 Feb 2015, 8:55 am

walldoggy

walldoggy

2/3-2/9 - Weekly Heroic/Nightfall

Winter's Run
Archon Priest

Nightfall Modifiers:
Void - Void weapons do extra damage
Solar Burn - Solar weapons do extra damage

Weekly Heroic Modifiers:
Heroic
Void Burn

22Destiny: Weekly Nightfall Strike Empty Re: Destiny: Weekly Nightfall Strike Tue 10 Feb 2015, 11:38 am

walldoggy

walldoggy

2/10-2/16 - Weekly Heroic/Nightfall

The Nexus
Sekrion, Nexus Mind

Nightfall Modifiers:
Void Burn- Void weapons do extra damage

Weekly Heroic Modifiers:
Heroic
Juggler

23Destiny: Weekly Nightfall Strike Empty Re: Destiny: Weekly Nightfall Strike Tue 17 Feb 2015, 9:31 am

walldoggy

walldoggy

2/17-2/23 - Weekly Heroic/Nightfall

Will of Crota
Omnigul

Nightfall Modifiers:
Lightswitch - 

Weekly Heroic Modifiers:
Heroic
Angry

24Destiny: Weekly Nightfall Strike Empty Re: Destiny: Weekly Nightfall Strike Tue 24 Feb 2015, 9:01 am

walldoggy

walldoggy

2/24-3/2 - Weekly Heroic/Nightfall

Cerberus Vae III

Valus Ta'aurcl

Nightfall Modifiers:
Lightswitch - Minions of the Darkness deal much more melee damage (one shot melee)

Weekly Heroic Modifiers:
Heroic
Lightswitch

25Destiny: Weekly Nightfall Strike Empty Re: Destiny: Weekly Nightfall Strike Tue 03 Mar 2015, 9:03 am

walldoggy

walldoggy

3/3-3/9 - Weekly Heroic/Nightfall

The Devil's Lair

Sepiks Prime

Nightfall Modifiers:
Lightswitch - Minions of the Darkness deal much more melee damage (one shot melee)
Arc Burn - Arc weapons do extra damage

Weekly Heroic Modifiers:
Heroic
Lightswitch

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum