Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The LNWC Forum

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1No Time to Explain Guide Empty No Time to Explain Guide Wed 21 Oct 2015, 8:41 am

walldoggy

walldoggy

Apparently you can only get this if you've done the Paradox daily and got the FWC ghost (prior to today.) The quest will only be available on these characters. (EDIT: It looks like the reset did not make this quest available to characters who turned in Praedyth's ghost on 10/20.)

Here is a guide on how to get the ghost if you have no already done so. This is intended to only be done in Paradox when it is the daily. (Edit: It can be done when it's not the daily too. Here's how!)

DO NOT, I REPEAT, DO NOT WASTE MOTES TRYING TO GAIN REPUTATION IF YOU DO NOT HAVE THE FIRST QUEST STEP. YOU CAN GAIN THIS QUEST AT 0 FWC REP. IT IS ON A TIME LOCK ONLY.

***Quest name: NOT FORGED IN LIGHT***

Step 1: Ready for War

Description:
"Earn reputation through donations to the Future War Cult"
Quest Text Here

• 5 Motes of Light = 10%
  • 25 Armor Materials = 5%
  • 25 Weapon Parts = 5%
  • 2 Heavy Synth = 5%

Step 2: Talk to Lakshmi-2

Step 3: The Simulation Core

Description:
"Here's how I see it: the Hive want to eat us. The Fallen want our stuff and the Cabal want our planet. But it's the Vex, Guardian, only the Vex can take our past away from us. If we're going to understand what these files mean, I'm going to need more context.
Hunt down a powerful Minotaur Taken by Oryx. Destroy it, and pull a simulation core from its husk. Shatter the core and return to me."
Quest Text Here

• This is a GUARANTEED drop from doing the Paradox daily with the secret mission, so if you haven't done the daily yet and want a free legendary engram this is your best bet.
  • Any major/ultra minotaurs can also drop it, but red minotaurs cannot.
  • This is the item it drops. It can be found in the Mission section of your inventory. Hold square (on PS4) while hovering over the item to shatter it.
  • After you destroy it, there's some cool flavor text

Step 4: Talk to Lakshmi-2

Step 5: The Eye of Atheon

Description:
"Excellent work. I'll make good use of the data your Ghost is feeding me. We've spect more time looking through these files, and we believe we know what your next step must be. It will not be an easy one.
Gather a Fireteam and return to the Vault of Glass. Confront Time's Conflux, Atheon, and take its eye. Within the eye will be invaluable data. Shatter it, as you did the simulation core, and then return to me."
Quest Text Here

• This is super easy with level 40 Guardians. We managed to bring him down in less than 10 seconds with a tether and 2 Sleeper Simulants.
  • This does not need to be done on Hard mode!
  • Here's the item he drops, just shatter it like the last item.

Step 6: Talk to Lakshmi-2

Step 7: Approach the Twilight Gap

Description:
"Excellent. I'll begin my analysis of Atheon's data at once. In the meantime, I have results from the simulation core. The heart of the Minotaur revealed a ... ripple. A snag in the timestream around the Twilight Gap.
Head out to the pass, try to determine what Praedyth's Ghost saw there. Then, return to my side."
Quest Text Here

Step 8: Shadows at Twilight
After you spawn in, the mission updates

• This can only be done as a single player.
  • You spawn in and slowly start getting blinded, similar to a Golgoroth wipe. You can clear the blind, and prevent dying by running into pools.
  • You must find an item, a bracelet, which is hidden in a chest. For me, it was near Point B in Control. For my friend it was near the special ammo spawn at Point C.
  • If you're a hunter, put on keen scout as the chest will show up on your radar.

Step 9: Talk to Lakshmi-2

Step 10: Approach the Black Garden

Description:
"Let me see what you ... a bracelet. With the symbol of House Bray? Ana Bray's personal sigil. Guardian, the inner circle will be grateful that you have returned this artifact to the Tower.
The data you retrieved from the Eye of Atheon, meanwhile, has pinpointed another ripple. This one is at the heart of the Black Garden.
It is time you returned to Mars. The rippled in the Garden apparently flows from a construct called "the Groundskeeper." Find it, destroy it. And return to my side."
Quest Text here

Step 11: Blood in the Garden
After you spawn in, the mission will update.

• You definitely want at least one other person for this mission.
  • At the start, you must "anger" the Groundskeeper. You do this by killing the Vex. The Goblins will give you 2% increase in his anger per kill. However, if you don't kill them quickly enough you will start losing progress.
  • This format is similar to the speed patrol missions, except with kills.
  • Minotaurs will eventually spawn, a lot of them. These seem to give you somewhere around 7-10% anger but are obviously harder to kill.
  • They have void shields, so void weapons will make this a breeze.
  • Once you hit 100%, the Groundskeeper will spawn. He's a giant minotaur and you must kill him to progress. If you drop below 100%, he will despawn.
  • There will be tons of Minotaurs between you and the boss and they will keep respawning.
  • Dying here will not wipe you, it is not a darkness zone.
  • Here's a video guide on how to get to a helpful cheese spot. For some reason, the video skips but you can just jump there smoothly. You can't die here and can easily snipe out the boss.

Step 12: Talk to Lakshmi-2

Description:
"And now ... what? A ring, with the symbol of the Warlock Pujari? Death, again. Like Ana Bray, a Guardian fallen to the second death. Lost to us. We shall study these objects, Guardian. Learn why they have been pulled through time.
I believe your work is over. For now. Praedyth's files have unspooled. Their data undone like uncoiled strands of hair. And what has fallen free?
A weapon, transmatted from some time and some place, and specifically for you. Someone has taken notice of our actions, Guardian. Someday, we may be able to ask them what all this means."
Quest Text & Reward Screen here
Congratulations! Enjoy your No Time To Explain!

EDIT: Here's a short video guide!

https://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheGame/comments/3pjvre/no_time_to_explain_complete_guide/

https://lnwc.forumotion.com

2No Time to Explain Guide Empty Re: No Time to Explain Guide Mon 07 Dec 2015, 9:33 am

walldoggy

walldoggy

PARADOX MISSION - 4 Ghosts

The daily is the Paradox mission on Venus today. There's 4 ghosts/grimoire items that are exclusive to the Paradox mission while it is the daily heroic. You need to progress through the mission without wiping in order to obtain them all. Obtaining these also leads to the No Time To Explain Exotic Pulse Rifle, the quest will unlock the following weekly reset. It is also worth noting that the Cult Ghost glitch is now fixed and is exclusive to the Daily Heroic with the latest patch update.

The below guide is from locations notable to the mission (for people who have never done VoG before).

Mystery: The Vault of Glass

• 5 Grimoire Points

Video: 
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VcZC7XIkGKQ

How to exit the path:  
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EE7To5IDgPI

This can be found when you take the secret path in the Paradox mission inside the Vault of Glass. Where there's an open area to your right before the doorway with the malfunctioning Vex, you can drop off the ledge to the secret path in Trials of Kabr. Take the path until you see the first red light, and on the right in a corner will be the dead ghost/memory.

Mystery: The Vault of Glass 2

• 10 Grimoire Points

Video: 
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OZdAM9WRO2Q

This can be found when you take the spirit bloom path in the Paradox mission inside the Vault of Glass. To get to the path, after you hit the Templar's Well and clear out all the Taken, on the very left of the area before the stairs/incline, there's a hole in the wall you can jump in. Continue down the path past the first area with lights, and you will then approach a pillar with a light in it that has a ledge you can jump on top of. Jump up here and before the next drop down, in the corner the ghost will be there. This one can only be obtained if you obtained the first one and progressed through the mission without wiping.

Mystery: The Vault of Glass 3

• 10 Grimoire Points

Video: 
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=udT5aCdw5Po

This can be found after you defeat the boss and head to the traditional jumping puzzle in the Vault of Glass. To get to this path, turn around from where the skeleton is and hug the right. Do not scan the skeleton or it will end the mission. After you exit the room and head into the big open area, hug the large wall on your left. Keep hugging this wall as it curves around to the right and there will be a hole in the wall. Follow the path and it will take you to the jumping puzzle in the area "Vault of Glass". You head up to the left in the cave, and circle around in it until you reach the ledge. From there you drop down to your right and there will be a little platform you can land on underneath you. Turn around and the ghost will be in the cave connected to the platform. This one can only be obtained if you obtained the first two and progressed through the mission without wiping.

Mystery: Praedyth's Door

• 15 Grimoire Points

Video: 
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iBdFTu3KedA

You need to obtain all 3 prior ghosts in order without dying in a darkness zone/resetting the mission. After this it will trigger the portal to Praedyth's Door where you can fight the "Blighted Descendant" ultra. After you defeat it a door will open for a chest where you can obtain the Cult Ghost. Once you hand this in, you will get the Mystery: Praedyth's Door as shown above.

After obtaining and handing in the Cult Ghost, the following weekly reset it will unlock the quest chain for the No Time To ExplainExotic Pulse Rifle. Full quest chain with text guide in description can be found here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Va5KRSoV9Lw

FAQ:
Last time Paradox was the Daily Heroic, people had quite a few questions regarding the mission and the ghosts themselves. Hoping that this section will help with that!

Q. Solo or with a Fireteam?
It can definitely be solo'd, however bringing a Fireteam will make it quite a bit easier and more leeway for error.

Q. Are you able to die at all during the mission?
You are able to die in the mission provided it's not in a darkness zone and it doesn't wipe the mission (takes you to the mission summary screen). If you're a Sunsinger Warlock, self-ressing won't affect the ghosts. If you're in a Fireteam, members are able to die so long as everyone doesn't die and it wipes the mission.

Q. I died after the first ghost, do I have to wait until next time?
Nope! You can simply just restart the mission and proceed through again. You will need to pick up all the ghosts in order again however (they respawn on every wipe / when you go to orbit).

Q. I grabbed one/two of the ghosts last time, can I skip them now?
You'll need grab them all in order again without wiping the mission. They respawn everytime you go to orbit/wipe the mission.

Q. Can you die after the 3rd ghost on the jumping puzzle/Blighted Descendant?
Once you've picked up the 3rd mystery ghost you don't need to worry about dying anymore really. It won't reset the ghosts and the portal will remain open. Wiping on the Blighted Descendant will just allow you to try again. One thing to note however, is if fall off the jumping puzzle and land on the rocks below, there's a chance you can get stuck down there.

Q. Do you need to pick up all 3 ghosts, or can you just join on somebody and grab the Cult Ghost?
The only requirement for the No Time To Explain is the Cult Ghost, so if you join someone who's at the Blighted Descendant boss you don't need to worry about the others. They will just give you grimoire/unlock the portal.

Q. The quest isn't there after I handed in the Cult Ghost and I pledged to Future War Cult, why?
You'll need to wait for the following weekly reset before the rest of the quest will become available.

Q. Do I have to stay with Future War Cult for the entirety of the the No Time To Explain quest chain?
You only need to be with Future War Cult for the reputation gain part. After that you're free to change factions again.

Q. Can this be done outside of the Daily Heroic?
There used to be a glitch of sorts that would allow you to obtain the Cult Ghost outside of the daily, however it was fixed in the latest patch. These are all purely exclusive so the Daily Heroic now.

Q. Easier or harder than the Black Spindle mission?
A lot easier!

Hopefully that covers everything! Any questions feel free to ask.

Happy hunting guardians!

https://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheGame/comments/3vrrks/paradox_is_the_daily_heroic_grab_the_4_mystery/

https://lnwc.forumotion.com

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum